How to Evo 4 to 5 Upgrade Notes
This guide provides an overview of how to manually upgrade your Evolution system from version 4.x to version 5.x
The most efficient way to upgrade a 4.x Evolution system to a 5.x Evolution system is to use a lab or test-bed environment to create a backup that can be imported into the freshly loaded 5.0 system.
A general overview of the steps involved:
- Build a 5.X Evolution system on a virtual machine or test-bed platform.
- License with the PBX's normal license (Support will need to clear it out for you).
- Complete the first run wizard to bring the new 5.0 lab box online.
- Manually replicate the configuration from the 4.x system to the new 5.0 lab box.
- After completing the replication, run a manual backup and download a copy of it locally. At this point the test bed can be decommissioned
- After downloading the backup you will need to load Evolution 5.0 on the production hardware. Be sure the box has internet access while it is loading the version 5 ISO.
- Once the 5.0 software has completed loading (about an hour) you will need to complete the first run wizard to bring the system online.
- After completing the first run wizard the system will reboot and you will be able to login to the blank Evolution 5.0 system.
- Login and upload the 5.0 backup you created from the test-bed/lab system.
- Restore Evolution to the uploaded backup.
- Reboot the PBX